States HIPAA & Privacy News
- Category: Florida Privacy Laws News Florida Privacy Laws News
- Created: 21 June 2014 21 June 2014
The state of Florida revised SB 1524 which revamps and replaces existing the state's data security law.
- The law adds to the definition of “personal information”.
- Individuals must be notified of a breach as quickly as possible, but no later than thirty days from when the breach was "discovered".
- Breaches of over 500+ Florida residents requires notification to the state AG.
- The imposition of a statutory requirement to safeguard personal information.
Source: The National Law Review
Effective date: July 1, 2014