States HIPAA & Privacy News
- Category: Wyoming Privacy Laws News Wyoming Privacy Laws News
- Created: 02 March 2015 02 March 2015
Wyoming's Senate approved bill S.F. 36 and added several elements to the state's data breach notification regulation. The following are now added to the definition of "personal information":
- shared secrets or security tokens that are known to be used for data based authentication (this affects software/databases);
- a username or email address, in combination with a password or security challenge question and answer that would allow access to an online account;
- a birth and/or marriage certificate(s);
- medical information,
- health insurance information,
- unique biometric data, and
- an individual taxpayer identification number.
Additionally, S.F. 35 amends the breach notification requirements to include specific related to the breach.
Effective Date: July 1, 2015